1. What do I bring with me to registration? returning players – just your payment. New players, copy of government issued birth certificate and payment.
2. What if my child played in the Spring 2009 but we did not receive a form in the Mail? The association is no longer mailing out pre-printed registration forms. Returning players will either pay on-line or come in person. No paper work necessary.
3. How old must my child be? 4 years old by July 31, 2009 and not older than 18 by July 31, 2009.
4. Do you have gender pure teams? Yes, we have all girls teams starting at the Under 5 level all the way up to Under 18. Girls are not “required” to play gender pure, we do have co-ed teams.
5. Are your teams age pure? Yes, teams are age pure unless a player requests to play up.
6. What does my registration fee cover? Your child receives a Jersey, shorts, socks and trophy. Fees also cover the North Texas Soccer Associations player fees and the City of N. Richland Hills’ usage fee.
7. Is there anything the parents need to supply? Yes, SHIN GUARDS are a must. The following these things are not “required” but good to have; a soccer ball to practice with, a water bottle (good hydration is essential in this heat), and cleats for better stability on the field . Academy Sports always puts together a package prior to the start date of soccer that includes, shin guards, cleats, a soccer ball and water bottle for a very reasonable price (around $20.00 depending on size and brand name you choose).
8. What size ball does my child’s age group play with? Under 5 thru Under 8 size 3, Under 9 thru Under 12 size 4, Under 13 and above size 5.
9. What nights will my child practice? Practice nights vary with the coach. Each team usually practices two nights a week.
10. What days are the games? Games are usually played on Saturdays, some Sunday afternoons and week nights are necessary due to the number of teams and number of fields we have to work with, and rain out situations.
11. Where are games played? U5 and U6 games will be played at Green Valley Community Park.
U7 and U8 home games will be played at Green Valley Community Park. Away Games may be scheduled on Hurst and Bedford Fields.
U9+ Home games will be played at Green Valley Community Park. Away Games may be played at any association in Northern Mid-Cities Soccer League.